InfoKekinian.com – In this article, we will invite you to get to know the game of soccer, complete with its history, benefits, and basic techniques.
Football is the most popular and very popular sport compared to other sports, especially among men.
Why is it said that football is the most popular sport? Because football is known and played by almost all levels of society, including children, teenagers and even parents.
Many people can play soccer and are familiar with the rules. However, when asked what football means, do they understand?
How football history? What are the basic techniques of soccer? Come on, see this article to the end, because we will invite you to get to know soccer game further.
Definition of Football
Football is a sport played by two teams, each team consisting of 11 (eleven) core players plus a number of reserve players.
Football is taken from the word "sepa" which means kicking, and "ball" is a game tool which is usually made of leather or the like and with a round shape.
The goal of soccer is to get the ball into the opponent's goal, so the winning team is the team that scores the most goals at the end of the game.
A Brief History of Football
The history of football begins during the Han dynasty, this sport has been practiced in China since the second and third centuries BC.
The Chinese used a leather ball and kicked it into a small net at that time. Apart from China, countries such as Japan, Greece and Rome also place a high value on the sport of soccer.
At that time, the Japanese, Romans and Greeks loved to play this sport for fun purposes.
Modern football started in England by setting the ground rules so that the game grew in popularity.
Even though the sport was banned because it was considered violent, the popularity of soccer grew worldwide.
Until finally FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association), which is the governing body for international football was founded on May 21, 1904, in Paris, France.
Later, football developed into a sport where countries would compete for the world cup.
Where this Uruguay country won the first world cup match, which was held in Uruguay in 1930.
Football Game Rules
Official football matches should not be played haphazardly. This requires us to master the rules of this soccer game, here are some rules in soccer:
Football Field Size
The length of the soccer field used for international adult matches is between 100-120 meters, and the width is between 65-75 meters.
In the middle of the two ends of the field there is a rectangular goal area with a width of 7.32 meters and a height of 2.44 meters. And the penalty area in front of the goal is 16.5 meters from the goal.
This area is the boundary where goalkeepers can use their hands to catch the ball and evaluate whether an offense warrants a penalty kick or not.
Number of Football Players
In one soccer game team consists of 11 players who have their respective positions and duties, as follows:
- One goalkeeper who is the only player who is allowed to use his hands to prevent the opposing team's ball from entering the goal
- The main responsibility of the 2-4 defenders (back) is to hinder and limit the movement of the opposing team
- 2-5 central midfielder with the midfielder's main responsibilities being to build the tempo of play and assist defenders and forwards
- The main responsibility of 1-3 strikers (strikers) is to score goals against the opponent
In addition, there are wingers who play on the right or left side of the field
- The team captain is the individual selected from among the players who is responsible for leading and coordinating the team's performance on the field.
The shape of the ball must be round, and must be made of high quality synchronized materials. The ball's circumference must be between 70 and 68 cm, and its weight must be between 410-450gr.
Soccer Game Goals
In order to win a soccer game, players must score as many goals as possible against their opponents while defending their own game.
The following are some of the goals of soccer players:
- Score goals against the opponent's goal
- Blocking or preventing the ball from going into its own goal
- Maintain sportsmanship and build a level playing field
- Develop teamwork to strengthen the game
- Improve player health and fitness
- Achieve success.
The Benefits of Playing Football
The following are the benefits of playing soccer in everyday life.
1. Increase Physical Health
In soccer, you have to walk and run to chase and dribble the game to survive and score goals against your opponent's goal, so this activity can increase your endurance.
2. Makes the Brain Smarter
In soccer, you not only have to move physically, but also think strategically to win based on your game.
In addition, soccer requires quick decisions about when to pass and when to kick.
3. Increasing Cooperation and Solidarity Between Teams
Football requires good communication games between players, because communication can foster cooperation between teams.
4. Strengthen Mentally
There are times when you win the competition and there are times when you lose. Don't be discouraged by defeat, because it is an opportunity to be better than before.
5. Become a Disciplined Person
If you want to be a soccer player, you have to practice consistently. And in this soccer game it will improve your training discipline.
6. Increasing gratitude to God
Winning a soccer match will certainly increase your gratitude for the victory.
Basic Football Techniques
Before playing soccer, you must understand basic tactics and explanations. you don't need to master ball freestyle skills like juggling, balancing, etc., as they are not important.
What you should know and practice is the basic movement of soccer, here are the basic techniques in playing soccer:
Dribbling or commonly known as dribbling is a technique of controlling the ball by pushing it slowly while running or walking.
If you can dribble well, it will be easier to penetrate the opponent's defense. This technique is an important game in soccer.
Effective dribbling technique Can be done with the outside, inside, and back of the foot. There are two type of dribbling, among others:
This dribbling technique is used when the opponent is far away or when the player is in front of the opponent.
This strategy involves kicking the ball about 3 to 5 meters and then running as fast as possible afterward, making it harder for your opponent to catch you.
This dribbling method is usually used when your position is not safe or when you are in a 1 on 1 situation.
This is achieved by kicking the ball slowly from less than one meter out to maintain good control over it and prevent opponents from stealing it.
2. Kick the ball
Even though almost everyone knows how to kick a ball, in fact there are still some who don't know how, you know. The following is basic techniques in kicking the ball:
- This technique usually involves kicking the ball with the outside of the foot during a free kick or set piece
- This method involves kicking the ball with the inside of your foot when you are close to the goal and the ball is rolling
- This method, which involves kicking the ball with the back of the foot, is usually used when the ball is bouncing, off, on or rolling.
3. Passing the Ball
Passing or passing the ball is a fundamental technique in football that we think must be mastered and is the most significant.
Why? A lack of dribbling skills can be made up for by excellent passing.
And if your shots for goal are less consistent, you can compensate by providing good assists for your teammates. There are three ways to pass the ball, including:
- This passing technique involves using the outside of the foot to pass the ball a short distance
- This technique involves passing the ball with the inside of the foot a short distance as well
- Using the instep to pass the ball, this method is used for long distance delivery.
4. Stopping the Ball
Stopping the ball or stopping is generally a soccer technique that isn't too difficult to master.
Many people can easily stop the movement of the ball, but many find it difficult to do so.
For example, a ball that is kicked hard will be difficult to stop. Here's how to stop the ball moving based on the situation and conditions:
- Using the soles of your feet to stop the ball is the simplest way to stop the ball. Usually, this method can be achieved without special training. This method is used to prevent the ball from rolling on the ground
- Using the instep to stop the ball in the air, this method is widely used
- This method involves stopping the ball with the inside and outside of the foot when the ball is in the air, but not too high, and when the ball is rolling on the ground.
- This technique involves stopping the ball with your chest while it is flying high in the air. This is a bit difficult to manage, but consistent practice will make it easier
- Stopping the ball on the stomach is a less frequently used method because it is often used only when the ball is rapidly approaching the belly and must be stopped on the stomach. But it must be done correctly so that no injury occurs and the ball can land properly on the feet
- This technique involves stopping the ball with your thighs while the ball is in the air.
5. Heading the Ball
When heading the ball, most people will use the crown. But do you know that heading the ball with the crown isn't very effective?
Why is that? This is because when you head the ball with the crown, you will have difficulty seeing the direction of the ball so it will be difficult to control it.
So, how technique in heading the ball right? The answer is of course using the forehead.
By utilizing and using your forehead, you will easily find and see the direction of the ball so you can easily control it.
6. Sliding Tackle
Sweeping the ball or covering tackle is a football game tactic that involves the body sliding onto the grass in order to snatch the ball from the opponent's hands.
From a visual perspective, this technique is certainly very dangerous and risky. Because if the timing of your sliding tackle is not right, of course this can cause injury to your opponent.
So this will cause you to get a yellow card, or the worst is a red card.
Therefore, in doing this there are rules such as sliding tackles from behind, lifting your knees, and using scissor techniques.
7. Seizing the Ball
Catching or intercepting the ball is a way to control the ball from the opponent's feet, so you must understand why agility and speed are needed to win the ball.
If you lose your opponent's agility and speed, then your opponent can just pass you by.
8. Catching the Ball
In fact, if you are not a goalkeeper then in soccer this basic technique is not very important. Because this method of catching the ball must be studied exclusively by the goalkeeper.
Here we have summarized some questions that are commonly asked in getting to know the game of soccer:
What Are the 3 Basic Movements of the Game of Football?
In soccer, there are 3 basic movements or techniques, such as passing, stopping the ball, and heading.
How Long is the Time in a Football Game?
The duration of this soccer game is 2×45 minutes, with a maximum rest period of 15 minutes.
What is the main name of the Indonesian Football Organization?
PSSI or the Indonesian Football Association, is the parent national football organization which is responsible for managing football associations in Indonesia.
That's a little information to get to know the game of soccer, complete with history and rules that you need to know.
And we can conclude that this soccer game is played by 2 teams, each team consisting of 11 players.
As well as there are some basic techniques such as passing, kicking the ball that need to be mastered.